Parallel Port Interface

Chris Wilkinson cwtoyota at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 07:34:08 GMT 2000

Hi I am new to the list (joined this weekend).
my name is Chris Wilkinson, and I am very interested
in all types of fuel injection projects.

My particular project is to build a PC based fuel
injection system, to be developed around one of my
race bike engines.  These engines are 250cc 2-stroke
engnies which produce 45-50 H.P. @ 8500 RPM. This
project is not meant for any particular purpose except
that of my further education.

my engine only needs one injector (1 cylinder)
and I would like to run it from a parallel port.
My limited knowledge of this subject gives me the
inclination to develop a C or C++ coded piece of
software which can send a Puls Width Modulation signal
out the first data pin on a parallel port. I would
amplify this (using a switching transistor) to 12v to
directly control my injector. I also need to devise a
way (probably using an Analog/Digital Conv.) to read
my MAP sensor and Temp sensor. I can use my existing
digital ignition pulse generator to read RPM.
Using these sensors and my stock carb I hope to create
a  4 Dimensional  table (MAP*Temp*RPM*TPS) for lookup
table type injection. then replace the carb with a
Throttle body and injection manifold.

few... with all that said I am looking for any
suggestions on how to amplify the injector signal from
the parallel port, and how to convert the sensor
analog data (MAP TEMP TPS) to usable digital data.

Also I am not much of a programmer so Is there anyone
who can tell me how to code (C or assembler in a DOS
environment) to modulate my injector signal. I also
thought of using a sound card or USB to modulate the
signal.

If any of you can help me or steer me straight I would
be very greatfull.