DIS and the MC3334?

Jörgen Karlsson jurg at pp.sbbs.se
Thu Feb 17 08:24:03 GMT 2000

I saw one thing about the 3334, the compensation for low voltage when
cranking. It is plenty of time for it to fade out on a V8 with distributor.
Running at around 50Hz ignition frequency at idle, but on a waste spark dis
with the same idle it is only aound 13-14hz. I can't use waste spark on my
car, five cylinders. At idle, 1000rpm, I get only 8.3Hz.

Does someone know what the typical on time will be at 14v and 8.3Hz?

I think that it will give me trouble, what do you guys think? Is the fading
out of the low voltage compensation enough to let my car idle without huge
heat sinks on the drive transistors?

Jörgen Karlsson
Gothenburg, Sweden.