Dual ign system question

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Thu Feb 17 15:54:42 GMT 2000

On my car right now I have two fully functional ignition systems.
Both have coils and plug wires, on one system is setup to generate
spark at one time.   Is it possible to have one wire running to a plug
and two different systems feeding that wire with spark?   Would one
coil sparking backfeed the other in a bad manner and possibly damage
one system or both systems?

One system is a DIS system and the other is a basically a classic
coil/distributor type setup.  I would expect both systems to fire at
roughly the same time, but I could adjust the dis system to fire
several degrees after the optimal fireing position that would be taken
by the coil/distrubitor setup.

			Roger