Mass airflow sensors.

Andrew Brownsword asword at telus.net
Thu Feb 17 23:43:09 GMT 2000

As I said before, we've considered the other options and have discarded
them.  Injecting into the intake manifold was dismissed because of the very
convoluted V-configuration manifold.  Unacceptable puddling and uneven
distribution among the cylinders would results (and has for one or two of
the people who have tried on these cars).  An FMU to raise the fuel pressure
doesn't work because the stock injectors are too weak.  An aftermarket ECU
is too expensive and doesn't support emissions & the dual O2s.

I've read the AutoSpeed article.  It doesn't directly apply because they
were working on a car that already had a MAF, I believe.  Mine has a VAF in
its stock condition, and this device has inherent limits that I need to
eliminate -- thus switching to a MAF

I have now come into possession of an Excel spreadsheet with the flowbench
results from 11 Mustang MAFs.. many many thanks to the individual who
provided it.  This is exact what I needed, so I feel that I can proceed from
here.  Thanks to everyone who sent me suggestions and information!

Cheers,
   Andrew