Mass airflow sensors.

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Sun Feb 20 02:32:22 GMT 2000

Don't run a GM MAF dowstream of the turbo.   Matter of fact I wouldn't run
anything downstream of except possibly a throttle body.  Lose a seal and
loose a MAF, no thanks.  The hot wires and films don't clean as cherry as
you might think.  While now terribly illegal the GM early method was blowing
the MAFs out with Freon.  The is I was told, that ther is a chemical
reaction to oil and the films.  They used a burn off system in the early GMs
when they were exposed just to atmoshpere..
(I used films to mean both types).
Just my 2 cents worth.  Also, MAPs are about $100 cheaper then a MAF  ($40
vs 140, typ min)
Thinking that your (or anyone) is so much better then the .01 is a mind trap
(notta flame, but I did play this game, and typically what feels faster is
slower too, the major co. capitalize to the max on fooling ones senses,
doubt me?, drive a late S/C Gran Prix, or STS).
Grumpy