Data I/O 29B device programmer for sale

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Mon Feb 21 02:38:29 GMT 2000

Carl Summers wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>    Do you have the software for it???
> -Carl Summers

I should have clarified a little.  This programmer dates to 1984 I
believe, well before there was software on PCs for programming devices.
It has a serial port, and there is a program called promlink on the
internet that will download to it from a PC, but that's it.  It's set up
to program logic devices right now, which would require some additional
software to compile your design, then promlink to download it.  I don't
have any of the software, or manuals.  Also I want to make clear that
you'd have to buy a PromPak or UniPak adapter for about $100 before you
could program EPROMS with it.  If you buy the adapter then I believe
it's a simple matter of downloading a PROM image, pressing some buttons,
and off you go.

After learning this I decided to punt and put money towards a newer
programmer.  If you are familiar with these things then this is probably
a good deal, but I want to make sure that whoever buys it knows what
they are in for!

--steve

--
Steve Ravet