EFI newbiee ideas, few questions.

Jan Ben ben at lucent.com
Thu Feb 24 16:42:05 GMT 2000

OK, I asked this before, but maybe in context of this question it would spark
more interest.. :)

It would be nice to be able to (cheaply) collect data on the go.
If I could get even 8 channels (ign, tps, lambda, etc etc) recorded on either
audio tape or 8mm video, I could then read it in w. a sound or a tuner card.
DSP SW for PC is cheap/free.. could also set it up as a scope for "live"
debugging..
video RF encoders are like $4.. what abt. just jeneric RF encoders- maybe $1
from radio shack?  The bandwidth needed for this is prob well below 1KHZ, well
within what can be recorder even w. a cheap tape recorder..

c'mon guys.. you can do this in your sleep.. help out a mech/sw guy here..
Jan