cheap data aq system

Charles Brooks cbrooks1 at mail.tqci.net
Mon Feb 28 18:30:33 GMT 2000

How about posting it to the FTP site under a file name like cheap_daq or something similar?

Try to find a book on operational amplifiers (op-amps) and a handful of of 741 op-amps for signal conditioning and isolation. They're very cheap, easy to work with and have gain up to around 10k or so for use with thermocouples and the like. You'll still have to do the linearization via software but it's a BIG help in improving the resolution for low level signals.

Watch for ground loops, and try to use a well regulated power supply. Both of those have bit me in the kiester before :)

Charles Brooks
Mid-Atlantic Speed Shop
http://www.massmotorsports.com

From: "Braman Wing" <braman at braymo.net>