Another newbie and his project

MysticZ lt1_z28 at houston-f-body.org
Mon Feb 28 18:46:56 GMT 2000

I've been lurking for a while seeing what the group was like and decided
to open my mouth now.

I'm slowly working on a fuel injection system for my 90 model Kawasaki
EX500. I'm planning to use a TBI batch fire type system. The engine is a
2 cylinder 500cc parallel twin with a 180 degree firing order and dual
carbs. Unless I come up with a new plan I'm going to use throttle
position and RPM to look up entries on the fuel map. I also plan on
adding some programming to boost fuel when the throttle is opened
rapidly. I'd also like to use a higher than normal fuel pressure to help
atomize the fuel at higher RPM since the redline is 11,000. That's also
the reason for TBI instead of multi-port. I considered using a computer
from the smallest 4 cylinder I can find (Geo Storm or similar) with dual
injectors per cyl. Unfortunately the O2 sensor setup will be a
compromise as the header is over 50% of the entire length of the exhaust
and if I put the sensor in the collector it won't get hot enough to
work.
--
Steve
97 Chevy Camaro Z28, Mystic teal, A4, not stock