New member, programming under boost questions

Dave Plummer davepl at MICROSOFT.com
Tue Feb 1 00:00:24 GMT 2000

Hi!  I've spent a good deal of time reading the archives and pouring over
PROM dumps, and I've got a few questions that I didn't find answers for.
First, the scenario:

'94 Corvette 350LT1 w/6psi Vortech
...and under construction:
396LT1 w/50# injectors, 12-15psi boost, 2 core intercooler

My first goal, under the heading of "learn on the old motor first", is to
eliminate the FMU and alter the spark tables to be better suited to the
blown application.

My big question is about the WOT Enrichment vs. RPM table.  It's described
in some places as specifying a desired AF ratio, in others as a percentage
of extra fuel to add during WOT.  Which is more accurate?  How does the O2
sensor get figured into this blanket enrichment at WOT?

My second question relates more specifically to accomodating boost.  Since
the VE tables are limited to 100%, what's the best way to program for boost?
I'm thinking this:

1) In the RPM range where boost is present, in the 100kPa column, set VE to
100%
2) Get the extra fuel to accomodate the true >100% VE by upping the WOT
enrichment table entries

I can't really do #2 without understanding that table a little better, hence
the original question.  Any feedback on how I should go about programming
the LT1 controller for boost would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Dave