Volvo/MG/Spit EFI

Clare Snyder clare at snyder.on.ca
Fri Jan 7 22:08:32 GMT 2000

> Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 12:58:03 -0800
> From: "Stowe, Ted-SEA" <StowT at PerkinsCoie.com>
> Subject: RE: DIY_EFI Digest V5 #6
>
> the spitfire engine has siamesed ports too ? hmm.
>
> I thought that 2 larger injectors would stand a better chance than trying
> aim 4 individual ones in an mgb head, the angle to aim each of them at the
> back of the intake valve is very steep, making the whole assembly pretty
> unwieldy, and making a fuel rail for the 4 individual bosch injectors
would
> be pretty hard as it would be circular instead of flat. So I considered 2
> larger injectors aimed at the bottom of each of the two intake ports as a
> more do-able idea.
>
> I actually chopped up a volvo efi intake to get the  aluminum mounting
> bosses but the distance to the head is very short. It would take an
aluminum
> welding artist to properly do it in my case. I might be going about this
the
> hard way, someone might sell injectors and easy to add injector bosses. I
> did find someone who had a bolt-on tbi 'carb' that replaced the strombert
> CD, but they wanted 500+ for it, which is too high for me.
>
> thanks, Ted

How about drilling the manifold runners on the horizontal plane so the
injectors squirt straight into the port. The holes would be tangential to
the curve of the runner.
You need to fire them FFRRFFRRFFRR. for 1342 firing order
OR
put 2 injectors in the top, and two in the bottom with 2 rails. Put them in
about 15 degrees off horizontal each way