injector bungs?

dennis spoolboy at autospeed.com
Sat Jan 8 02:16:53 GMT 2000

I work at an aircraft repair facility. We keep some 5/8x.035 aluminum tubing in stock to flare and make up AN tubing with. A standard port injector w/oring slips right into this stuff with just about the right tightness compared to the intakes I have stabbed with injectors. You can probably get similar tubing locally from a metal supply house.
I am gonna cut some short sections and try to use them for injector mounting on a custom intake I am building for a Chrysler 2.2. I plan on drilling an angled hole, then having these epoxied in, or maybe welded if they aren't too thin for my local welder to weld. I then plan on grinding them flush on the inside of the runner. This idea combined with those cool AN style individual fuel lines sold by www.blowerdriveservice.com might get it done for you.
Then you just have to hold the injectors in the hole. I don't know what country you are in, but in USA Chrysler used a multiport style injector in their pre-85 tbi 2.2s. The system they used to hold the injector in, used a snap ring and a rubber grommet. If you can get this stuff it might work. If not you can probably copy this Idea with a properly sized grommet, a washer, and a snap ring--plus a little creativity. The washer goes on first. The grommet fits around the injector about halfway up, in the recess of the side of the injector body. The grommet could probably be omitted, it just cushions the injector a bit. The snap ring goes on under it and fits tight on the injector body also in the recess.
Then you use screws through the washer with their ends threaded into the manifold to pull the injector into the manifold. A plate of thin steel shaped like a small block chevy thermostat gasket, but sized properly,  might also work. A small section would need to be cut out of the side so that it can slide onto the injector and into the recess.
Hope this helps out for someone.

dennis