GMECM and Crank Sensors

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Jan 11 23:55:32 GMT 2000

First one that jumps to mind is the late vortec.
You really need to find a parts house that has some catalogs with photos for
part ID'ing.   They do exist from Delco, and Standard Electronics.
Grumpy

| For yet another project, is there a nice reliable, relatively easy to
mount crank sensor that interfaces easily to the GM ECM's you favor?
| In this case a dist is not an option.
| I have provisions to build a mount, make/adapt a crank wheel of some type
or precisely install magnets in a pulley or even a flywheel.
| Does the GM DIS have 5 or 6k rpm limits, something I read somewhere
indicated that, but they may have been talking about HEI coils?

Nope, check out the GN Type list info..  Almost stockers can run to 6.5K.
GM includes a "rev limit" to corral warranty costs, ie weak valve springs,
limited injector size.  Too often that gets credit as a weak ignition.

 All this stuff I am playing with needs to make it