Minimum to run GMECM?

jtyler jtyler at ga.prestige.net
Fri Jan 21 02:36:42 GMT 2000

No I wasn't getting pissy.  Thank you for all your help already.

I really meant it just seems for the relatively simple
app I described, trying to disable/fool/recode 80% of the ECM
provisions may not be the way to go.  SDS or similar may be smarter
if it is going to take 2 years to figure out how too undo all that
GM spent millions doing.

With all the provisions in the GM code (and I realize why they have to do that stuff), it seems like trying to use a sledgehammer to drive a nail. All the complexity GM had to do for a production vehicle simply isn't neccesary for my application.

I was trying to find more info on the 168/808 applications you
mentioned.  I haven't found if any of those where DIS.

I could use a speedo cable VSS if the ECM is going to get dumb without it.

So:

VSS,MAP,Temp,TPS,Ignition  maybe that would be enough.

I looked at the 165 app on TC, it was a MAF.  The 227 app there
had a 4 cyl switch and was MAP, but was auto, so I'll look for the manual version.

>Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 17:27:08 -0500
>From: "Bruce Plecan" <nacelp at bright.net>
>Subject: Re: re:Minimum to run GMECM?

THESE ARE ALL OUTPUTS!!!!.
If you want to get/or seemingly pissy, fine, I'll withdraw my efforts to
answer your questions.
              Grumpy