DIY_EFI Digest V5 #32

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Jan 21 14:23:21 GMT 2000

No, cause, it's nonsense (the ** part)..
EGR reducing the IAT, look at the bottom of an intake with working egr
(SBC), note all the coke deposited where the egr runner is.  It takes temps
of like 350+dF to do that.  If your IAT is over 350dF, I hope it's due to
alot of boost, other wise ya got problems<g>.
Grumpy
     Please note, this was edited to a resonable lenght.

| >From Roy Spectrics Ltd
| The sole purpose of EGR is to reduce exhaust emisions,
| it has a detrimental effect on both engine efficiency
| and power output.
| To reduce the heating effect EGR has on the incomming
| air in the inlet manifold, EGR coolers are being
| introduced, ***so basic EGR does not reduce the incomming
| air temperature !***.  What it does do is to reduce the
| rate at which the flame front travels through the
| mixture during combustion.
              Hope this helps Roy