EGR stuff

A70Duster at aol.com A70Duster at aol.com
Fri Jan 21 15:24:11 GMT 2000

<< Ok.... so the inlet manifold temp goes up but the mixture is diluted by
the
 exhaust gas from the erg. I would have thought that this would have leaned
 the AFR if anything causing detonation or isn't there enough O2 left in the
 exhaust? >>

Leaning the mixture (via the EGR) would mean adding more O2, but the EGR does
not do this.  It adds N2, C02 and H20 (vapor) to the airstream of N2 and O2
and HxCx.  The correct A/F ratio has been determined (carb or ECU), the EGR
just "thins" the mixture.  I left the small amout of Argon out as not to
confuse the issue.

Hope this helps...

Mike