GM crank reluctor

Rex Weatherford rex.weatherford at terraglyph.com
Mon Jan 24 12:00:21 GMT 2000

jtyler wrote:

> Anyone know of a specific 4 or 6 cylinder GM engine (by year/model) that has a 7 notch "slip on" crank reluctor.  Some are machined into the crank, but some photos I have seen show a  "slip on style" up near the crank pulley.  Problem is they don't tell me year model.  I need one.
>
> Thanks
> Jim

I have been a lurker for about a week, but I may have a place for you to
look....

The Quad4 engines have a 7X ignition signal that I assume comes from the
crank position sensor.  I have no idea if it will "slip off" or if it is
machined in.  I also know there is a difference between the early Quad's
and the later Quad crank.  I think they moved the sensor or reluctor
wheel by 15 degrees....

I'm a very green newbie so be nice...  ;^)

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ 2.3L DOHC Quad4
15.531 @ 91.28 mph (stock)
http://www.beretta.net