6 cyl, 4 cyl DIS

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Mon Jan 24 13:17:10 GMT 2000

"jtyler" <jtyler at ga.prestige.net> wrote:
> If you have a 6cyl app that is DIS and the prom has a Cyl select byte, and you reset the cyl number byte to 4.  Would it work on a
> 4 banger?
> Anyone know for sure?

Theory is:  The hardware also needs to know the number of cylinders in a
port injected application.  I've never seen any code that reads the
cylinder select byte and writes it into an output port.  Thus, the
MEMCAL likely sets the number of cylinders (and PFI vs TBI modes.)

> Does anyone know of a 165 4cyl DIS app?  (or 808?)

The only '165 4cyl applications are: 1987-91 S10 2.5, 1986 (only!)
J-body 2.0 w/ MT (only!), and possibly some 1988-89 Isuzus.  You get to
look up which of these are DIS.