Peak and hold vs. Saturated injectors

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Jan 27 23:16:11 GMT 2000

| It's finally time to buy the injectors. Horsepower, boost, and RPM
| requirements (plus a bit of overhead) dictate 105 lbs/hr units. I believe
| these will be low impedance units. Does this correlate to peak and hold,
| or saturated style injectors?

You are building a what?.   105 injectors?.
To get anywhere near an idle would take P+Hs
How big of motor is this?.

| I'm using an electromotive driver, so low impedance isn't a problem. What
| I'm primarily concerned with is idle quality with the large injectors.
| I've heard that saturated style have a longer minimum pulse width,
| relative to peak and hold style. Anyone have info on this?

Yes,  P+H, perfered cycling 1-5 msec,  Sat 2-10msec.  You can verify in the
archives

| Also, what is the best angle to weld the injector bosses into the manifold
| at? Within the mechanical limitations of a Chevy big block, should I be
| aiming as close to the back of the valve as possible?
|
| Are there any injector mfg's that do a better job than others at
| atomisation?

Yes, there is a day and night difference in flow rates from brand to brand,
and style to style.  Kinsler can plot things out for you.  Sure, be nice if
some folks would share their injector flow charts for time on vs pressure.

 I've located 160 lb/hr units, but would prefer to get closer
| to my actual requirements, so as not to compromise idle too badly.

105-160?.  BZZZZZTTTT, assuming you initial calilation is right the other is
way off.
Grumpy