Non-Cam Valves

Espen Hilde mwichstr at online.no
Mon Jan 31 00:13:51 GMT 2000

Hi !
Think what we all on this list is capable of......
If we had joined our forces into one prodject we could create a very
special engine.
A engine for a racing class? With efi 332 offcourse.
I would pick offshore 1 boats.The reacent changes in rules have made it
possible for pushrod v8 s to participate without the air restrictors that
the
Lamborginis uses. The v8 s are not aloud to use gearboxes.
There fore we need a strong engine with a large powerband to beat the
Lambos.Sterling has done this  before.
A joined e-mail list beating the guts out of Italian v12 mulivalve beast?
Showing the power of internet?

My Idee how to do it is to make the engine with the camshaft that makes
most top end power and not beeing conserned with a large powerband.
The large powerband comes from reed valves placed in the inlet as close to
the valves as possible,If it gives to much resistance we have to use
other valves controlling the low pressures ,the combustion pressures is
taken care of by the regular valve system.
What to do on the exhaust side I dont know.....maybe a variable resistance
is enough?
If this is not enough we could make an extra valve in the middle of the
inlet
valve running its valvestem inside the valvestem of the main valve
controlled by a rocker at a higher rate. Just to fill the low pressure area
behind the big inlet valve at high rpm.
Start brain storming guys!
Espen