Electro valves

Ade + Lamb Chop alaw at mrc.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jan 31 07:01:30 GMT 2000

At 16:18 29/01/00 -0800, Carter Shore wrote:
>Just another job for our trusty ECU's to handle. But
>how would you implement a 'limp-home' strategy? Lot's
>of eggs in one very complicated basket.

As part of the ecconomy shutting down cylinders you could have 2 ECUs to
control each half of the engine. This way if one dies you still have half
an engine. :-)

or you could have a second little (1 litre/80bhp for the UK 8 litre 80bhp
for the US) engine that had a carb and distributer if the ECU died... Bit
difficult for a mini as there is hardly enough room for one engine!!

Ade