Water Injection

Roy spectric at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 12:40:38 GMT 2000

Hi all

Have been reading a lot about water injection and how
it reduces detonation.  To run high boost I think
water injection is the way to go, but as stated it
must be in atomised form and not produce steam.

So where is the best place to inject it and just one
injector or one per cylinder ?

Before or after the turbo ?

If after the turbo would it be best before or after
the fuel injectors ?

from Roy (Spectric's Ltd)

--- DIY_EFI Digest <DIY_EFI-Digest-Owner at diy-efi.org>
wrote:

> DIY_EFI Digest        Sunday, January 30 2000
> Volume 05 : Number 045
>

> In this issue:
>
> 	Re: Non-Cam Valves
> 	Re: Non-Cam Valves
> 	Re: Non-Cam Valves
> 	Re: Non-Cam Valves
> 	RE: boost controller project/Introduction
> 	Re: Non-Cam Valves
> 	Re: Non-Cam Valves
> 	Re: boost controller project/Introduction
> 	Camless Cylinder Head
> 	Alternative to O2 injection, EGR? (Re: DIY_EFI
> Digest V5 #34)
> 	Re: Alternative to O2 injection, EGR? (Re: DIY_EFI
> Digest V5 #34)
> 	Re: Non-Cam Valves
> 	camless engine
> 	Re: Electro valves
> 	Re: camless engine
> 	Valves / Variable Timing
> 	Re: Non-Cam Valves
> 	efi for triumph motor cycle(1969,750cc based
> special)
> 	Re: Non-Cam Valves
> 	Re: efi for triumph motor cycle(1969,750cc based
> special)
> 	Re: camless engine
> 	2 bar map sensor
> 	Re: 2 bar map sensor
> 	Re: 2 bar map sensor
> 	Re: 2 bar map sensor
>
> See the end of the digest for information on
> subscribing to the
> DIY_EFI or DIY_EFI-Digest mailing lists.

> Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 21:53:37 +0000
> From: Ade + Lamb Chop <alaw at mrc.soton.ac.uk>
> Subject: Re: Non-Cam Valves
>
> At 06:58 29/01/00 -0500, Frederic Breitwieser wrote:
> >Hey Carl,
> >
> >> Has anybody ever had an idea to manufacture a cam
> less machine. Well I've
> >> got that dream, maybe somebody has tried it
> already.
> >
> >Its been tried, somewhat unsuccessfully.  The
> problem is as with all
> >magnetics devices, is speed.  Injectors don't do so
> well at 10K RPM, so
> >a coil that moves a valve at the same engine speed
> would choke, unless
> >the coils are huge.
> >
> >The problem is the mass of the valve - takes
> tremendous force to make it
> >move and change direction abruptly.  Pneumatics on
> the other hand, can
> >be used, but its very complex to setup.  I believe,
> maybe incorrectly,
> >several F1 cars tried this over the years.
>
> So what do F1 use at the moment then?
>
> Ade
>
> -

> diy_efi" (without the quotes)
> majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org

> Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 21:57:53 +0000
> From: Ade + Lamb Chop <alaw at mrc.soton.ac.uk>
> Subject: Re: Non-Cam Valves
>
> At 10:00 29/01/00 -0600, Robert W. Hughes wrote:
> >The exhaust valve is also a special problem. The
> pressure in the
> >cylinder when the exhaust valve needs to open is in
> the area of
> [...]
=== message truncated ===