Lots of snips from BBC with 160 lb injectors

Anthony Buccellato clayb at sonic.net
Mon Jan 31 21:21:28 GMT 2000

Hi Carl,

I didn't mention 160 lb. I need 80 - 100 lb. I currently produce "only"
800 HP, but plan to purchase injectors capable of 1000 - 1100 HP. Gotta
look ahead. I plan to run both pump and aviation gasoline, depending on
the occasion. Would like stainless steel due to the marine environment.

Walt says the Rochester units may have a little better sensitivity at
short pulse widths, a big bonus for idle quality. If I can locate a good
supplier at a reasonable price, I'll try and find a 90 lb model to
purchase.

If you have any input re: BBC application, fire away, I would be glad to
hear it. Once concern I have is finding good weld-in fittings for my
manifold. I would like to find a "positive" retention system to hold the
injectors secure against boost, initially 8 - 15 psi, but potential for up
to 20 psi down the road.

Thanks,

- Clay

    Maybe some of us have forgotten our math???  160lb x 8 cyl / .5 bsfc =
2560HP....so lets forget about math and try some real world...I have
programmed an Autronics box with 8, 96 lb injectors twin turbo's water/air
intercooler and ran out of injector at 1639HP at 13.1:1 AFR at 5500 rpm so
I'm a little lost on why you need bigger than the 80's to make 1000hp
unless
you are planning on something I'm unaware of...This was gasoline...were
you
planning on Alcohol???? BTW the Autronics is a great box with great
software, the only thing it could use is some better AE stuff....Lost in
Wonderland??????
- -Carl Summers