KISS EFI

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Sat Jul 1 15:55:14 GMT 2000

On Sat, 1 Jul 2000 08:26:30 -0700, rhuish at goldrush.com wrote:

>Sheesh, I thought my Holley Projection was "state of the art", now
>you tell me it's a dinosaur. (TPS & rpm only)    ;-)

Is that their analog Projection product? I forgot, the analog version
was alpha-n. How does it drive? Feel OK, snappy enough? Any hesitations
or other bad "manners"? How bout the digital Projection systems, are
they also alpha-n, or do they use a MAP sensor?

>Has anyone taken a peek at it's internals? With only four external
>adjustment, three if you discount "choke", might be a good kick off
>point for KISS.

What are the adjustments, and have you ever looked at the AFR over
load/rpm to see how well it does? I take it you have the version without
the closed loop option?

>The 57 Vette FI was purely mechanical if I remember correctly, as
>was the Merc 300slr ... yes I know they were totally different
>(throttle body vrs direct), but my point was "non-electronic"
>production FI systems. Never had a chance to work on the Bendix
>system, but understand it too was mechanical.

Yes, at least the Bendix systems in aircraft were/are totally mechanical
FI; fairly complex with mechanical MAFs. The Continental system was much
simpler, actually alpha-n.

Gar