SV: Propane EFI - part duece

Robert Harris bob at bobthecomputerguy.com
Sun Jul 2 20:35:18 GMT 2000

In the current spirit of KISS, I want to keep this butt simple.

Propane in a tank boils at -43f - but will remain liquid as the pressure
builds up.  Therefore, liquid propane's pressure varies wildly as to temp -
requiring a liquid pump, cooler and return system.

Dry vapor propane is butt simple.  I can accept the "penalties" if I can
fangle the replacement for propane carb that can simply use a hacked GM
computer.

"Good Enough" is an engineering term not practiced well today.  Unless I had a
very high performance application where the advantages of liquid propane do
matter in getting the last few % out of it, I would not bother.

Please do not let me discourage you from trying though.  I am well aware of
the satisfaction that comes when you do something your way and it works the
way you want.

Same for the water component - just want some goodly amount when I can use it
- doesn't have to be maximum optimal - just enough to do the deed.  With a
hundred gallons on board, don't have to conserve much either.