Availability of honda lambda sensor overseas

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Wed Jul 5 23:14:34 GMT 2000

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000 08:52:29 +1000, "David Chambers" <DavidC at mcq.com.au>
wrote:

>I am trying to buy the Honda sensor to use with the EGOR meter from honda
>parts but I have just been told they will not ship outside the US.
>I can buy one from the local honda dealer but the price is about double the
>US price. $AU 350 compared to $AU 170.
>Does anyone have a suggestion on how to obtain one at a reasonable price in
>Australia. Group buy maybe for Australians?

Dang, I was afraid something like this would happen. I'll tell ya what,
any of those overseas EGOR buyers, we're going to have to jump thru some
extra hoops for anyway, we'll make sure you can get those sensors at US
cost. We didn't intend to resell them because we didn't want to have to
maintain inventory and mark them up, but for those outside the states
that can't source them OR can but their price is way in excess of the US
prices, we'll take care of you at the same price you'd get them from
HParts. Besides, the shipping to such far away places won't go up much
with the added weight of the sensor anyway.

Best I can think to do at this point. But sure would be better if a
local discounter could be found; I always liked the idea of the sensors
being over-the-counter, and not having to go thru us to get them.

Gar