Accel DFI vs. SpeedPro SEFI8LO?

Jorgen Karlsson jurg at pp.sbbs.se
Thu Jul 6 02:22:43 GMT 2000

I have worked with both of them on the same car, the SpeedPro was a _big_
improvement. Of course this was mostly because of the wideband sensor and
better datalogging. If you tune the car on a dyno I think that the Accel is
almost as good, but without dyno and wide band o2 sensing...

The first impressions of the SpeedPro was that when we first installed it,
before we started tuning it to our car it already ran better then the DFI.
The second impression is that the closed loop causes some problems from time
to time. For example the mixture at launch can upset the mixture during
first gear, really anoying and hard to tune. This can probably be fixed by
changing the gain of the closed loop parameters, but we are to close to the
edge now, we don't want to stress the car with 50 launches to tune this. We
are waiting for the first ten this season, The Gtech shows high tens on
streetasphalt now with stock crank and block in the syclone and it always
are within a tenth when we compare it to the timeslips.

Jorgen Karlsson
Gothenburg, Sweden