Accel DFI vs. SpeedPro SEFI8LO?

Greg Hermann bearbvd at cmn.net
Thu Jul 6 04:49:06 GMT 2000

>I have worked with both of them on the same car, the SpeedPro was a _big_
>improvement. Of course this was mostly because of the wideband sensor and
>better datalogging. If you tune the car on a dyno I think that the Accel is
>almost as good, but without dyno and wide band o2 sensing...

There are two really significant differences (more basic than WBO2)
between the Speed Pro and the Accel/DFI: The Speed Pro offers many more
points in its tuning maps, and the Speed Pro offers 8us "granularity"
(increments) in injector pulse width adjustment while the DFI's granularity
is at 64 us--EIGHT times courser than the Speed Pro. This difference in
granularity makes a HUGE difference in idle quality and drivability.

BTW--gmecm's have 16 us granularity.

Greg