ford tempo CFI throttle body

Stowe, Ted-SEA StowT at PerkinsCoie.com
Thu Jul 6 15:58:50 GMT 2000

thanks a lot.

Ted

-----Original Message-----
From: David Rhoads II [mailto:rhoads at adi.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2000 7:23 AM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Cc: Stowe, Ted-SEA
Subject: Re: ford tempo CFI throttle body

Hi. I am going to use a injector throttle body from a 2.3 litre 4 Cyl
1987
ford tempo.

the question I have is about the throttle position switch. I just bought
new one, pricey too, and from some simple tests, it does not appear to
have
an actual switch, but might have some hall effect sensors or something.
Does
anyone on the list know ? the unit is sealed, it has 3 wires coming out
of
it.

thanks, Ted

Ted,

According to my Mitchells "Electronic Fuel Injection component diagnosis
and testing guide", your sensor is basically a potentiometer.  It
doesn't show which pin is which but does show the colors of the 3 wires.

They are:
Org-Wht           Vref  (5V ?)
Dk Grn-Lt Grn  Throttle position
Blk-Wht            Signal return  (ground)

HTH

--
. David Rhoads II
. Applied Dynamics International

NOTICE:  This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information.  Also, please indicate to the sender that you have received this email in error, and delete the copy you received. Thank you.