Ref: Blitz WBO2

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Fri Jul 7 20:52:46 GMT 2000

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000 14:07:39 -0400, Ed.Wong at astrapharmaceuticals.com
wrote:

>From a realistic standpoint - it is certianly lower than the price of other
>Wideband EGO meter that were on the market (other than the DIY EFI project meter
>which tallies out at approx $700)

On the contrary, there are a number of boxes (sans fancy displays) that
are available around that price point. E.C.M.'s "AFR Combustion Monitor"
sells for around $1200, so do a couple others, including the one from
M&WIgnition in Oz, which I think is even possibly below $1000 is you
convert their $$AU prices to $$US.

BTW, how on earth does this "DIY EFI project meter" (not sure what
you're referring to there) possibly "tally out at $700" when the
EGORmodule (basically same functionality in box form, sans fancy
displays) will be selling for $219 commercially. How on earth are we
able to make something commercially that's way less spendy (meter OR
box) than this "DIY EFI project meter"? I don't get it.

>The FATT device has some neato built in "warning" stuff.

Decent idea to include turbo controls/warnings with AFR input for an
in-panel/always-running install. Does the FATT (Blitz's "fully automatic
turbo timer" for those unfamiliar) allow you to program in AFR limits
that would disable boost?

Gar