Water and its effect on combustion.

Richard S. Krause rskrause at acsu.buffalo.edu
Mon Jul 10 23:47:41 GMT 2000

Mr. Harris: thanks for an excellent review of combustion. What you have
said is validated in a practical sense on my car. I have a 383ci stroker
LT1 with a Vortech supercharger. I have installed a water injection system
from Carrol Supercharging.

With some "optimizing" of the tune in terms of AF ratio and timing on a
chassis dyno an ~10% gain in peak power can be seen with water
injected. It allows more timing and a leaner AF ratio.

Rich Krause