Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Jul 11 00:10:35 GMT 2000

> No it wont. re-read the "100% of the room made" sentence, then stop for a
> minute and think.

If this is your idea of a response the conversation is over.
Try it again.

> ..including, but not limited to, all of what I've mentionned. So, no, the
> pressure in the inlet is not *by itself* a limiting factor for the boost
> level an engine can reach, thus, even if different laws governs what
happens
> in your own engine, creating more "room" will not cause the turbo to
> magically accelerate.

 I tried explaining it to you and you don't get it,  If you want to call my
explaination is in error in your opinion fine, calling it magic is at least
childish.

> Modern ECUs just happens to be "clever and precise" and last time I
checked,
> reliability was not such a problem, so why not apply the same concept for
> WI, too?

The term KISS seems to apply here.  Ricardo explains the ratios of water to
fuel, and they need not be anywhere as exacting as fuel does.

> > as you approach max torgue, and continues to max HP
> What's the difference? same amount of work, different rate.

You asked when, I answered, and then you restate the obvious, what's your
point?

> >  Does this speed fall in the diesel engines operating
> > > range? Below that speed, what the water is useful for, beside as an
> > > in-cylinder coolant and detonation retardant?
> > Define diesel's operating range..
> Low rpm. Now please answer the question: what's the 'magic' speed?

OK, now what's your definition of speed?, and what magic are you looking
for, assuming that magic is referring to a "what seems to be, is an
illusion, that you don't understand".

Grumpy