EFI fuel pump and water.

Seth sethea at mediaone.net
Fri Jul 14 02:42:15 GMT 2000

Peel one apart (a 2liter bottle), you'll see. There are several layers.
I just cut up one here. You'll need a sharp knife to help delaminate,
though.  Milk jugs are different. As an aside, you can become rich
pretty quickly if you can figure out how to build a lighter beer can.
There are 3 or 4 different alloys in there. I'd say both are well
engineered for a specific purpose and to a cost.

Anyways, as far as suitability for use:

Dunno about 50 psi into 15 psi and puddling. I could only speculate
there. Maybe as the intercooler  external sprayer tank?

BTW, creative wrapping with fiber reinforced packing tape produced
minimal gains in burst pressures of the bottles as determined
experimentally :) (water rockets as science!)

Ok, for the crazy idea. A pressure muliplying cylinder with greatly
different areas. Think of a diesel injector run off shop air pressure
with a big piston and a little piston, and a return spring, piston
ported. Not practical for 0.5 gallons per second (unless the big piston
is the diameter of the spare well) but for smaller pint (half pint?)
sized bursts.

-Seth