EFI fuel pump and water.

Tom Parker parkert at ihug.co.nz
Sat Jul 15 02:17:55 GMT 2000

Bruce Plecan <nacelp at bright.net> wrote:

>> methanol fuel solenoid could do the trick. I have noticed that some 12v
>tire
>> pump compressors can supply _lots_ of pressure.

>$20, 3.5 lbs, ~250 PSI
>Bingo
>Grumpy

The problem with these pumps is very low duty cycle. You can run them for
about 15 minutes before they must cool down for about the same time.

Having said that, you don't need to run them for very long to pressurise at
small bottle. The question is how would you maintain the pressure? If the
bottle is half full of water you will get a drop of pressure by about half
as it empties.

I guess you can have a gauge and a switch in the cabin, but that isn't very
pleasant. Anyone know of a source for a pressure switch at this sort of
pressure?

The other thing to do is to live with the pressure drop, and fill up with air
from the gas station when you fill with water. However those compressors
probably only go up to around 100psi, I've filled my bike to 75psi.

Tom Parker - parkert at ihug.co.nz
           - http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/8381/