DAQ needs

Paul Campbell campbell at tcainternet.com
Wed Jul 19 16:12:08 GMT 2000

We are in need of a 'low-cost' DAQ board that fit somewhere within the
following specs. These aren't necessarily ground in stone, but we would like
to get as close as possible:

- 18-22 SE channels with at least 10bits of resolution and capable of 100sps
- Serial or parallel port based I/O, possibly even PCMCIA
- 3 programmable counters

We've looked at several boards, but I was hoping some of you might have
stumbled across one that fit the bill, yet was fairly low cost.

Mike Glover (of Street Dyno fame) is putting together a software package for
DAQ called EMS (engine monitoring system) and he has decided that obtaining
a premade board would be the best route to take. That is if we can find one
that fits the bill.

Thanks

Paul Campbell