O2 sensor placement & other questions

Buchholz, Steven Steven.Buchholz at kla-tencor.com
Thu Jul 20 19:43:02 GMT 2000

Given that you have a heated sensor there isn't to much to worry about in
the location ... AAMOF, mounting it at the "Y" would seem to be the ideal
location for a single sensor in a "V" engine.  The stock OXS on my '85 Audi
is actually on the catalytic converter inlet!  I have a '91 Audi V8 also,
and it has a single OXS mounted on one exhaust pipe but after the crossover
pipe behind the engine.  I would imagine that the units mounted closer to
the exhaust manifold were unheated, single wire sensors ...

HTH!
Steve Buchholz
San Jose, CA (USA)