O2 sensor is actually a temperature sensor???

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Thu Jul 20 21:39:58 GMT 2000

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000 14:10:46 -0700, garwillis at msn.com (Garfield Willis)
wrote:

Oooooops, more errata. Wouldn't ya know it!

>The reason why you don't hear of "titanium" vrs "zirconium" O2 sensors
>much is that they all start out built on a substrate of solid
>electrolytic zirconium (least all that I've ever read about).

I guess I don't even remember what I've read these days. I was rummaging
thru the ole O2 patent pile, and there is indeed one in there that's
built strickly from a TiO2 film, sorta like a hot-wire anemometer. And
it does INDEED measure the stoich transition based on a sudden change in
resistivity at stoich. Wadaya know, contradictin meself once again.

Gar