"Normal" O2 sensor

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Jul 24 14:14:56 GMT 2000

>With the recent threads on wide band O2 sensors. I was wondering exactly
> how usefull a "normal" O2 sensor and gague is.

In a word their useless for serious tuning.

With a generic O2 sensor
> and gague, what would the rich and lean levels indicate for an
> "absolute" value. 14:1 and 15.5:1. somethig around there or much better?

Again their useless.  They are designed to be a switch that reads rich of
lean of 14.7..  Read the spark plugs, if you want to know what's going on in
the engine

> Of course, getting readings above 15:1 is a bit useless. is it possible
> to get a generic O2 sensor that works a bit lower?

Again, they are not designed for that use.  Just cause some guys are out to
make a quick buck, doesn't mean there is any accuracy in the product.
Grumpy