Generic Bosch O2 sensor

Steve Spiers s.spiers at xtra.co.nz
Mon Jul 24 15:42:10 GMT 2000

Hi

Ok, I need some more advice. I guy I know does not believe me what I
tell him
about the generic O2 sensors. He reckons that generic Bosch O2 sensor
results in
a very wide range of readings. Max output is about 1600 millivolts
(somewhere
around
12.5:1). He did a test and got a max reading at WOT at sea level with
standard
IDF jetting is about 950-980 mV.

Under WOT with IDF carbs I'd say that you will get a reasonable rich
mixture.
Richer than .9V. what do you think? Has he just proved himself wrong?

Thanks (for you patients)

Steve