"Normal" O2 sensor

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Tue Jul 25 23:40:11 GMT 2000

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000 09:07:51 +1000, "David Chambers" <DavidC at mcq.com.au>
wrote:

>It may be interesting to try this with a NTK sensor that has been
>contaminated.

Yeah, if I could just GET one of the blasted things to contaminate!!

As you know, 'we' (a non-commercial personal pronoun, dontcha know :)
have free-air calibration, and I check for drift as well as trending on
all the menagerie of sensors. I keep track of these figures both short
and long term. Got six of em in the test repertoire right now, and they
all calibrate a little different from each other, of course, just as
they did when they were babies, but after about the first 10-20hrs, they
all seem to stabilize out like a bunch of lil rockheads. Each different,
each stubborn as hell. I feel like the Maytag repairman calibrating
these sensors. Maybe what I need is some 160 octane High Lead. :)

I'm beginning to think the only way I'm going to get one of these to
fail from lead contamination any time soon, with just the whimpy 100LL
that's all I have available to suffocate them with, is the form of lead
poisoning that kills most game birds. :)

Gar