555 EFI competition

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Sat Jul 1 00:28:06 GMT 2000

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000 18:01:49 -0600, bearbvd at cmn.net (Greg Hermann)
wrote:

>Did know a guy who re-did the drivers on one of the D-Jets for a Volvo with
>something quite a tad hotter, and found out that he wuz opening the
>injectors so much quicker that he then had to lean the whole thing down!

Yeah, I wondered about that when BruceR said the PW was 1.8mS + fueling.

You know how it goes; in the beginning, MANY things have to be
compensated for in the mix, together. Criminee, wadaya expect in the
70's, for injector driver/pintle-opening times anyway. I STILL consider
it quite amazing from a marketing standpoint that GM fielded a Caddy
with such a system for several years, not to mention the major gonads
required of Chrysler to put out something (even if it WAS only 100
vehicles), that tried to do same in '58. They (GM) simply could NOT have
continued for several years if the Caddy experience wasn't damn near
successful. Even in those days, that was a shit-pile of cars to deploy.

Gawd, them guys had guts in those days. I love it.

Gar