KISS EFI

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Sat Jul 1 03:27:05 GMT 2000

On Sat, 01 Jul 2000 12:48:50 +1000, Peter Gargano
<peter at techedge.com.au> wrote:

>Yoh! Garfy,
>
>Thanks for the basic run-down. But with KISS EFI, we're not talking
>any lack of module redundancy, just the paring down of "features" to
>come up with something that is reliable because it's simple?

Sure, but there's "reliable cuz it's simple" and there's "reliable cuz
it's failsoft/failsafe". In XA we're not much a fan of the "simpleton".
It's just amazing how "un-simple" that "simple" system can be. :)  When
your life's on the line, you want backup, not "simple" solutions.

>BTW, I have this conceptual problem with redundancy and reliability.
>Seems to me that the more redundancy is built in, the more inherently
>unreliable the system will be. But that topic alone is a whole new
>can-o-worms.

Nah, no can-o-worms, just a matter of training and technical education.
You heard o'the Space Shuttle haven't ya? Yeah, they got tripple
redundant systems on-board. They did that cus they wanted the
"inherently unreliable" systems you contemplate.

Go fish, Peetie.

Gar