fuel pressure and regulators

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Thu Jun 1 20:33:57 GMT 2000

-> > just regulate fuel pressure down to 6-7psi for the carb, which
-> isn't that > far from the 9-13psi which the TBI uses?

> I've seen this done in an S-10 8 cyl swap.  The pump lasted for 2
> years that I'm aware of.

 Use a bypass-type regulator.  The continuous fuel flow keeps the pump
cool and prevents the pressure creep that's common on most deadhead
regulators when the engine is shut down hot.  It took a regulator change
to fix a hot-start problem we had with a TBI truck we converted to carb.