Convert 6 cyl tacho for use with 4 cyl

Daniel Houlton houlster at inficad.com
Sat Jun 3 16:05:11 GMT 2000

Peter Gargano wrote:

>What's the best way to convert an analogue electronic tacho,
>set up for a 6 cylinder, so it reads correctly for a 4 cylinder.
>Assuming there is no access to the internal electronics, just the
>external signal from the coil. (logically, the tacho requires 3
>pulses for every two pulses the coil generates).

I've done this with an Isuzu instrument cluster.  The tach on
that has a pot that you can adjust the tach with.  I just hooked
up a multimeter that read rpm correctly and adjusted the pot in
the tach to match.

Your's may have the same kind of adjustability.

--Dan
houlster at inficad.com
http://www.inficad.com/~houlster/amigo.htm