Bosch LE/2 AFM

Steve Spiers s.spiers at xtra.co.nz
Mon Jun 5 14:34:41 GMT 2000

Hey can someone tell me the overall effect of the AFM on the mixture?

I was of the opinion tha the AFM was only good for low speed running,
i.e. under about 3000 RPM with light throttle, Maybe higher revs with
lighter throttle etc.

Some people have been telling me that if you richen the mixture by the
spring tention in the AFM it will get a richer OVERALL mixture.
According to what I thought this cannot be true.

Does the final resistance of the AFM when it's fully open effect the ECU

opperation? (If it does then I see how it works) or does it move to
another set of sensors/vaiables and disregard the AFM when the flap is
wide open?

Steve