Wide Band Oxygen Sensor EGOR

Paul Murphy paul at vb.co.za
Wed Jun 7 16:56:29 GMT 2000

Hi I'm new to the list, finally made it after 2 weeks of trying,,,phew

I'm interested in interfacing a wide band 02 sensor
to an OEM ECU I have, so the requirements are that;

	1.	Linear Output
	2.	That the readings be accurate in a turbo enviroment.

I've been through all the 98/99 archives on the EGOR, and I
found some INTERESTING stuff there.

The current 2000 archive doesn't seem to work(from my end anyway).

Is the EGOR available yet ?

Is it linear under turbo conditions ?

If not, I'd like to design and build one as a group project with who evers
interested.

So I would now like to throw the following suggestions at you folks;

We put up a web page with a proof of concept circuit. (Which we will derive
from the SAE paper 920234)
Everyone can then view at anytime the current state of the design.
Those of us that have the facilities, can then experiment with the current
design.
With many people experimenting with the circuit, we should be able to move
this
sucker along. I'm sure most of you are aware of the cost of the EUGO sensor,
so if you
want to take risks and fry the thing. Then burn away, best way to learn
IMHO.

If anyone wants to get involved post a follow up and indicate if you can
provide
any of the following.

	Circuit Design Experience
	Documentation(not in the archives) SAE's for example
	Circuit Design protyping software
	PCB Board Design Software
	PCB Board Manufacturing Facilities
	Component sources
	Test bench Equipment
	Test Vehicle

Dont be shy, we all have something to offer, even if its a little wit, or
dare I say constructive criticsm.

I'm not an automotive engineer so I dont currently subscribe to SAE, if
anyone
can let me have a copy of 920234, I'd be chuffed. If not then, if any SAE
member
could download the paper for me, and I'll arange to have the $10 trasfered
into their
bank account.

Paul
paul at vb.co.za