SV: Wide Band Oxygen Sensor EGOR

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Thu Jun 8 16:52:21 GMT 2000

Garfield Willis tapped away at the keyboard with:

> On Thu, 8 Jun 2000 11:15:04 +0200, espen hilde <mwichstr at online.no>
> wrote:

> >All you have to do is to send your (co -developers)pals on the board a free
> >module for testing ,all will be very happy (me to :-) and you will get tons
> >of feedback and free reseach and furter development.:)
>
> "co-developers"?, heh heh, that's a good one.
>
> Seriously, tho, we need to start thinking about how to handle
> exportation to places like NO, NZ, AU, UK, ZA, CA, blah blah. I hate to
> think about the funds transfer aspect of that, let alone the
> duty/customs crappola. Ugh.

Importing to Australia is no big problem. The importer pays any duty
and taxes. AFAIK; "computer components" are not subject to duty, so
the importer will only have to pay the 10% GST which comes into
effect on the first of July. (22% wholesale sales tax applied to
120% of the import value, including freight, before that date).

Generally; if duty and taxes on a shipment don't add up to $50
(Australian), they don't bother trying to collect it. But take that
with a pinch of salt; Customs aren't bound by the guideline and I
believe that they keep track of frequent importers.

--
Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning
Perth, Western Australia