Internatiomal Exports

Corner Paul Paul.Corner at icl.com
Fri Jun 9 13:34:35 GMT 2000

Hi all

Fund transfers at my local bank are rather expensive - Perhaps the cheapest
way, apart from credit cards, is to use travellers cheques. Available world
wide in most currencies - just need to keep the prices in round numbers.
 As long as the volumes are low and going to private addresses, declare the
goods as gifts. If an invoice must be sent, just post it separately.
This is a method I have used several times to ship parts from the UK to the
US - so far without problems.

Regards, Paul.

Seriously, tho, we need to start thinking about how to handle
exportation to places like NO, NZ, AU, UK, ZA, CA, blah blah. I hate to
think about the funds transfer aspect of that, let alone the
duty/customs crappola. Ugh.