Kawasaki Fuel Injection

Chad chad at dynojet.com
Fri Jun 9 14:33:53 GMT 2000

At 04:01 AM 6/9/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone know anything about the Fuel injection system that Kawasaki put
>on its motorcycles in the early '80's?  I have a 1982 GPz1100 that is fuel
>injected and I was wondering it was possible to modify the fuel maps to work
>with an aftermarket exhaust system?  If I could find out any info on the
>system I would be thankful.  Anything on the sensors used to control it and
>possible upgrades that could be made.

While I haven't played with anything from the 80's, I have done
considerable work on the newer model Kaswsaki's,  While I'm not absolutely
positive, I haven't heard of any way to mess around directly with the maps
in the ecu.  We build a device meant exactly for this purpose, take a look
at www.powercommander.com and go to the "features" menu to find out what it
does.  While we don't have a model meant specifically for your bike, if you
are interesed and have access to an oscilloscope, I might be able to tell
you which model will work.