Internatiomal Exports

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 10 01:05:11 GMT 2000

Corner Paul tapped away at the keyboard with:

> Fund transfers at my local bank are rather expensive - Perhaps the cheapest
> way, apart from credit cards, is to use travellers cheques. Available world
> wide in most currencies - just need to keep the prices in round numbers.

See if you can buy in International Money Order at your post office.
In Australia, they sell Western Union IMOs which work OK for
payments to the USA, where they can be banked directly; though not
cashed AFAIK. Cost from AU is AUD$8

>  As long as the volumes are low and going to private addresses, declare the
> goods as gifts. If an invoice must be sent, just post it separately.
> This is a method I have used several times to ship parts from the UK to the
> US - so far without problems.

In AU duty and taxes are charged on "gifts". But see my previous
message re declared value.

--
Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning
Perth, Western Australia